Jasper Trail Alliance
Check out our Facebook Page!
Whether you stroll, hike, ride or run Jasper’s trails, you’ve likely encountered some of the work of the Friends’ Jasper Trail Alliance (JTA). This group of volunteers is working to improve trail conditions for the human users while maintaining important wildlife corridors for the non-human types.
How do we do this?
- We raise funds and solicit volunteers so that we can help implement the Three Valley Confluence Trail Plan.
- In cooperation with Parks Canada, we advise, plan and help to implement future trail plans,
- We develop and nurture partnerships with local and regional recreational groups, businesses and community groups.
- We connect people to trails by:
- Establishing a trail volunteer program,
- Initiating programs that educate and inform the public about multi-use trail etiquette and safety, and
- Help improve signage on local trails.
Join us for a trail day! Sometimes our volunteers rehabilitate old trails, and at other times they help to create or improve trails. Volunteer trail days are always a great opportunity to come out and enjoy the fresh air, get a great workout, make new friends, and gain a deeper appreciation of the trail network in Jasper National Park.
Check out the Calendar of Events to see when our next Volunteer Work Bee will take place.
Can’t make these dates? Want to organize a special group trail day? Call us at (780) 852-4767 to make other arrangements.